Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... John 4

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

John . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ..... Jesus goes to Galilee

04:01 .. therefore .. when the Lord knew that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus was making and baptizing more disciples than John
04:02 .. (although Jesus himself was not baptizing .. but his disciples were)
04:03 .. he left Judea and went away again into Galilee
04:04 .. and he had to pass through Samaria
04:05 .. so he came to a city of Samaria called Sychar .. near the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph
04:06 .. and Jacob’s well was there .. so Jesus .. being wearied from his journey .. was sitting thus by the well .. It was about the sixth hour

.................. the woman of Samaria

04:07 .. there came a woman of Samaria to draw water .. Jesus said to her . . . give me a drink
04:08 .. for his disciples had gone away into the city to buy food
04:09 .. therefore the Samaritan woman said to him . . . how is it that you .. being a Jew .. ask me for a drink since I am a Samaritan woman
......... (for Jews have no dealings with Samaritans)
04:10 .. Jesus answered and said to her . . . If you knew the gift of God .. and who it is who says to you .. give me a drink ..
......... you would have asked him .. and he would have given you living water
04:11 .. she said to him . . . sir .. you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep .. where then do you get that living water
04:12 .. you are not greater than our father Jacob .. are you .. who gave us the well .. and drank of it himself and his sons and his cattle
04:13 .. Jesus answered and said to her . . . everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again
04:14 .. but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst .. but the water that I will give him will become
......... in him a well of water springing up to eternal life
04:15 .. the woman said to him . . . sir .. give me this water .. so I will not be thirsty nor come all the way here to draw
04:16 .. he said to her . . . go .. call your husband and come here
04:17 .. the woman answered and said .. I have no husband . . . Jesus said to her . . . you have correctly said .. I have no husband
04:18 .. for you have had five husbands .. and the one whom you now have is not your husband .. this you have said truly
04:19 .. the woman said to him . . . sir .. I perceive that you are a prophet

04:20 .. our fathers worshiped in this mountain .. and you people say that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship
04:21 .. Jesus said to her . . . woman .. believe me . . . an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the father
04:22 .. you worship what you do not know .. we worship what we know .. for salvation is from the Jews
04:23 .. but an hour is coming .. and now is .. when the true worshipers will worship the father in spirit and truth . . .
......... for such people the father seeks to be his worshipers
04:24 .. God is spirit . . . and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth
04:25 .. the woman said to him . . . I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ) .. when that one comes .. he will declare all things to us
04:26 .. Jesus said to her . . . I who speak to you am he

04:27 .. at this point his disciples came .. and they were amazed that he had been speaking with a woman .. yet no one said . . .
......... what do you seek .. or .. why do you speak with her
04:28 .. so the woman left her waterpot .. and went into the city and said to the men
04:29 .. come .. see a man who told me all the things that I have done .. this is not the Christ .. is it
04:30 .. they went out of the city .. and were coming to him
04:31 .. meanwhile the disciples were urging him .. saying . . . Rabbi .. eat
04:32 .. but he said to them . . . I have food to eat that you do not know about
04:33 .. so the disciples were saying to one another . . . no one brought him anything to eat .. did he
04:34 .. Jesus said to them . . . my food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work
04:35 .. do you not say .. there are yet four months .. and then comes the harvest .. behold .. I say to you ..
......... lift up your eyes and look on the fields .. that they are white for harvest
04:36 .. already he who reaps is receiving wages and is gathering fruit for life eternal .. so that he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together
04:37 .. for in this case the saying is true . . . one sows and another reaps
04:38 .. I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored .. others have labored and you have entered into their labor

.................. the Samaritans

04:39 .. from that city many of the Samaritans believed in him because of the word of the woman who testified ..
......... he told me all the things that I have done
04:40 .. so when the Samaritans came to Jesus .. they were asking him to stay with them .. and he stayed there two days
04:41 .. many more believed because of his word
04:42 .. and they were saying to the woman . . . It is no longer because of what you said that we believe ..
......... for we have heard for ourselves and know that this one is indeed the Savior of the world

04:43 .. after the two days he went forth from there into Galilee
04:44 .. for Jesus himself testified that a prophet has no honor in his own country
04:45 .. so when he came to Galilee .. the Galileans received him .. having seen all the things that he did in Jerusalem at the feast ..
......... for they themselves also went to the feast

.................. healing a nobleman’s son

04:46 .. therefore he came again to Cana of Galilee where he had made the water wine .. and there was a royal official whose son was sick at Capernaum
04:47 .. when he heard that Jesus had come out of Judea into Galilee .. he went to him and was imploring him to come down and heal his son ..
......... for he was at the point of death
04:48 .. so Jesus said to him . . . unless you people see signs and wonders .. you simply will not believe
04:49 .. the royal official said to him . . . sir .. come down before my child dies
04:50 .. Jesus said to him . . . go .. your son lives . . . the man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him and started off
04:51 .. as he was now going down .. his slaves met him .. saying that his son was living
04:52 .. so he inquired of them the hour when he began to get better .. then they said to him . . . yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him
04:53 .. so the father knew that it was at that hour in which Jesus said to him . . . your son lives .. and he himself believed and his whole household
04:54 .. this is again a second sign that Jesus performed when he had come out of Judea into Galilee

Jesus Christ is the gift of God .. the richest token of God’s love .. the source and fountain of those living waters .. the graces of the Holy Spirit which satisfy the thirsting soul and make a life overflowing with goodness .. those who come face to face with their own helplessness and sin and give their hearts to him will be the recipients of these living waters . . . . the divine knowledge of Jesus proves his omniscience .. Jesus knows the thoughts .. words and actions of all the children of men .. and by the power of his words is still revealing to men the secret sins of their hearts

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... John 4

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum