Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... John 17

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

John . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ..... the high priestly prayer

17:01 .. Jesus spoke these things .. and lifting up his eyes to heaven .. he said . . . father .. the hour has come .. glorify your son ..
......... that the son may glorify you
17:02 .. even as you gave him authority over all flesh .. that to all whom you have given him .. he may give eternal life
17:03 .. this is eternal life .. that they may know you .. the only true God .. and Jesus Christ whom you have sent
17:04 .. I glorified you on the earth .. having accomplished the work which you have given me to do
17:05 .. now .. father .. glorify me together with yourself .. with the glory which I had with you before the world was

17:06 .. I have manifested your name to the men whom you gave me out of the world .. they were yours and you gave them to me ..
......... and they have kept your word
17:07 .. now they have come to know that everything you have given me is from you
17:08 .. for the words which you gave me I have given to them .. and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from you ..
......... and they believed that you sent me
17:09 .. I ask on their behalf .. I do not ask on behalf of the world .. but of those whom you have given me .. for they are yours
17:10 .. and all things that are mine are yours .. and yours are mine .. and I have been glorified in them

17:11 .. I am no longer in the world .. and yet they themselves are in the world .. and I come to you .. holy father .. keep them in your name ..
......... the name which you have given me .. that they may be one even as we are
17:12 .. while I was with them .. I was keeping them in your name which you have given me ..
......... and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition ..
......... so that the scripture would be fulfilled

.................. the disciples in the world

17:13 .. but now I come to you .. and these things I speak in the world so that they may have my joy made full in themselves
17:14 .. I have given them your word .. and the world has hated them .. because they are not of the world .. even as I am not of the world
17:15 .. I do not ask you to take them out of the world .. but to keep them from the evil one
17:16 .. they are not of the world .. even as I am not of the world
17:17 .. sanctify them in the truth .. your word is truth
17:18 .. as you sent me into the world .. I also have sent them into the world
17:19 .. for their sakes I sanctify myself .. that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth

17:20 .. I do not ask on behalf of these alone .. but for those also who believe in me through their word
17:21 .. that they may all be one .. even as you .. father .. are in me and I in you .. that they also may be in us ..
......... so that the world may believe that you sent me

.................. their future glory

17:22 .. the glory which you have given me I have given to them .. that they may be one .. just as we are one
17:23 .. I in them and you in me .. that they may be perfected in unity .. so that the world may know that you sent me ..
......... and loved them .. even as you have loved me

17:24 .. father .. I desire that they also .. whom you have given me .. be with me where I am ..
......... so that they may see my glory which you have given me ..
......... for you loved me before the foundation of the world
17:25 .. o righteous father .. although the world has not known you .. yet I have known you .. and these have known that you sent me
17:26 .. and I have made your name known to them .. and will make it known .. so that the love with which you loved me may be in them ..
......... and I in them

If God be our father .. we have an intercessor to appear for us continually to guarantee our safe delivery to the haven above and our keeping along the way .. he prays not for the world but for those who are his .. that they might be preserved in their salvation .. that they might have his joy .. that they might be fortified against the evils of the world .. that they might be purified through his Word .. that they might manifest oneness with him .. that they might be edified in him and at last behold his glory . . . . this prayer .. to which there is no “Amen” attached .. is believed to be typical of that perfect intercession of our High Priest in heaven (Heb 7:25) .. one who has the support of this prayer .. as a true child of God .. cannot be lost . . . Peter .. when he fell .. was kept by the intercession of Jesus .. Judas (v 12) .. when he fell .. fell eternally .. not being a true believer (John 6:70-71)

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... John 17

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum