Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... John 11

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

John . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ..... the death and resurrection of Lazarus

11:01 .. now a certain man was sick .. Lazarus (one whom God helps) of Bethany .. the village of Mary and her sister Martha
11:02 .. It was the Mary who anointed the Lord with ointment .. and wiped his feet with her hair .. whose brother Lazarus was sick
11:03 .. so the sisters sent word to him .. saying . . . Lord .. behold (listen) .. he whom you (brotherly) love is sick
11:04 .. but when Jesus heard this .. he said . . . this sickness is not to end in death .. but for the glory of God ..
......... so that the Son of God may be glorified by it
11:05 .. now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus
11:06 .. so when he heard that he was sick .. he then stayed two days longer in the place where he was
11:07 .. then after this he said to the disciples . . . let us go to Judea again
11:08 .. the disciples said to him . . . Rabbi .. the Jews were just now seeking to stone you .. and are you going there again
11:09 .. Jesus answered . . . are there not twelve hours in the day .. If anyone walks in the day .. he does not stumble ..
......... because he sees the light of this world
11:10 .. but if anyone walks in the night .. he stumbles .. because the light is not in him
11:11 .. this he said .. and after that he said to them . . . our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep .. but I go ..
......... so that I may awaken him out of sleep
11:12 .. the disciples then said to him . . . Lord .. if he has fallen asleep .. he will recover
11:13 .. now Jesus had spoken of his death .. but they thought that he was speaking of literal sleep
11:14 .. so Jesus then said to them plainly . . . Lazarus is dead
11:15 .. and I am glad for your sakes that I was not there .. so that you may believe .. but let us go to him
11:16 .. therefore Thomas .. who is called Didymus .. said to his fellow disciples . . . let us also go .. so that we may die with him

11:17 .. so when Jesus came .. he found that he had already been in the tomb four days
11:18 .. now Bethany was near Jerusalem .. about two miles off
11:19 .. and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary .. to console them concerning their brother
11:20 .. Martha therefore .. when she heard that Jesus was coming .. went to meet him .. but Mary stayed at the house
11:21 .. Martha then said to Jesus . . . Lord .. if you had been here .. my brother would not have died
11:22 .. even now I know that whatever you ask of God .. God will give you
11:23 .. Jesus said to her . . . your brother will rise again
11:24 .. Martha said to him . . . I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day
11:25 .. Jesus said to her . . . I am the resurrection and the life .. he who believes in me will live even if he dies
11:26 .. and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die . . . do you believe this
11:27 .. she said to him . . . yes .. Lord .. I have believed that you are the Christ .. the Son of God .. even he who comes into the world
11:28 .. when she had said this .. she went away and called Mary her sister .. saying secretly . . . the teacher is here and is calling for you
11:29 .. and when she heard it .. she got up quickly and was coming to him
11:30 .. now Jesus had not yet come into the village .. but was still in the place where Martha met him
11:31 .. then the Jews who were with her in the house .. and consoling her .. when they saw that Mary got up quickly and went out ..
......... they followed her .. supposing that she was going to the tomb to weep there
11:32 .. therefore .. when Mary came where Jesus was .. she saw him .. and fell at his feet .. saying to him . . . Lord .. if you had been here ..
......... my brother would not have died
11:33 .. when Jesus therefore saw her weeping .. and the Jews who came with her also weeping ..
......... he was deeply moved in spirit and was troubled
11:34 .. and said . . . where have you laid him .. they said to him . . . Lord .. come and see
11:35 .. Jesus wept
11:36 .. so the Jews were saying . . . see how he loved him
11:37 .. but some of them said . . . could not this man .. who opened the eyes of the blind man .. have kept this man also from dying

11:38 .. so Jesus .. again being deeply moved within .. came to the tomb . . . now it was a cave .. and a stone was lying against it
11:39 .. Jesus said . . . remove the stone .. Martha .. the sister of the deceased .. said to him . . . Lord .. by this time there will be a stench ..
......... for he has been dead four days
11:40 .. Jesus said to her . . . did I not say to you that if you believe .. you will see the glory of God
11:41 .. so they removed the stone .. then Jesus raised his eyes .. and said . . . father .. I thank you that you have heard me
11:42 .. I knew that you always hear me .. but because of the people standing around I said it .. so that they may believe that you sent me
11:43 .. when he had said these things .. he cried out with a loud voice . . . Lazarus .. come forth
11:44 .. the man who had died came forth .. bound hand and foot with wrappings ..
......... and his face was wrapped around with a cloth .. Jesus said to them . . .
......... unbind him .. and let him go

11:45 .. therefore many of the Jews who came to Mary .. and saw what he had done .. believed in him
11:46 .. but some of them went to the Pharisees and told them the things which Jesus had done

.................. conspiracy to kill Jesus

11:47 .. therefore the chief priests and the Pharisees convened a council .. and were saying . . . what are we doing ..
......... for this man is performing many signs
11:48 .. If we let him go on like this .. all men will believe in him .. and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation
11:49 .. but one of them .. Caiaphas .. who was high priest that year .. said to them . . . you know nothing at all
11:50 .. nor do you take into account that it is expedient for you that one man die for the people .. and that the whole nation not perish
11:51 .. now he did not say this on his own initiative .. but being high priest that year .. he prophesied that Jesus was going to die for the nation
11:52 .. and not for the nation only .. but in order that he might also gather together into one the children of God who are scattered abroad
11:53 .. so from that day on they planned together to kill him
11:54 .. therefore Jesus no longer continued to walk publicly among the Jews .. but went away from there to the country near the wilderness ..
......... into a city called Ephraim .. and there he stayed with the disciples
11:55 .. now the Passover of the Jews was near .. and many went up to Jerusalem out of the country before the Passover to purify themselves
11:56 .. so they were seeking for Jesus .. and were saying to one another as they stood in the temple . . . what do you think ..
......... that he will not come to the feast at all
11:57 .. now the chief priests and the Pharisees had given orders that if anyone knew where he was .. he was to report it ..
......... so that they might seize him

Jesus Christ is the resurrection and the life .. the fountain of life and the head and author of the resurrection .. whoever .. during life .. lives by faith In him .. is born again to a heavenly life .. and though the body die .. yet shall it live again at his word . . . . Jesus’ delays in answer to prayer are not necessarily denials .. he may delay because he loves us .. and always for his own glory .. let us not .. therefore .. complain because we cannot understand his dealings .. but trust in him .. knowing we shall see the glory of God

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... John 11

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum