Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... John 16

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

John . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ..... Jesus’ warning

16:01 .. these things I have spoken to you so that you may be kept from stumbling
16:02 .. they will make you outcasts from the synagogue .. but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God
16:03 .. these things they will do because they have not known the father or me
16:04 .. but these things I have spoken to you .. so that when their hour comes .. you may remember that I told you of them ..
......... these things I did not say to you at the beginning .. because I was with you
16:05 .. but now I am going to him who sent me .. and none of you asks me . . . where are you going

.................. the Holy Spirit promised

16:06 .. but because I have said these things to you .. sorrow has filled your heart
16:07 .. but I tell you the truth .. it is to your advantage that I go away .. for if I do not go away .. the helper will not come to you ..
......... but if I go .. I will send him to you

16:08 .. and he .. when he comes .. will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment
16:09 .. concerning sin .. because they do not believe in me
16:10 .. and concerning righteousness .. because I go to the father and you no longer see me
16:11 .. and concerning judgment .. because the ruler of this world has been judged

16:12 .. I have many more things to say to you .. but you cannot bear them now
16:13 .. but when he .. the Spirit of truth .. comes .. he will guide you into all the truth .. for he will not speak on his own initiative ..
......... but whatever he hears .. he will speak .. and he will disclose to you what is to come
16:14 .. he will glorify me .. for he will take of mine and will disclose it to you
16:15 .. all things that the father has are mine .. therefore I said that he takes of mine and will disclose it to you

.................. Jesus’ death and resurrection foretold

16:16 .. a little while .. and you will no longer see me .. and again a little while .. and you will see me
16:17 .. some of his disciples then said to one another . . . what is this thing he is telling us .. a little while .. and you will not see me ..
......... and again a little while .. and you will see me .. and .. because I go to the father
16:18 .. so they were saying . . . what is this that he says .. a little while .. we do not know what he is talking about
16:19 .. Jesus knew that they wished to question him .. and he said to them . . . are you deliberating together about this .. that I said ..
......... a little while .. and you will not see me .. and again a little while .. and you will see me
16:20 .. truly truly I say to you . . . that you will weep and lament .. but the world will rejoice .. you will grieve ..
......... but your grief will be turned into joy
16:21 .. whenever a woman is in labor she has pain .. because her hour has come .. but when she gives birth to the child ..
......... she no longer remembers the anguish because of the joy that a child has been born into the world
16:22 .. therefore you too have grief now .. but I will see you again .. and your heart will rejoice .. and no one will take your joy away from you

.................. prayer promises

16:23 .. In that day you will not question me about anything .. truly truly I say to you .. if you ask the father for anything in my name .. he will give it to you
16:24 .. until now you have asked for nothing in my name .. ask and you will receive .. so that your joy may be made full

16:25 .. these things I have spoken to you in figurative language .. an hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language ..
......... but will tell you plainly of the father
16:26 .. In that day you will ask in my name .. and I do not say to you that I will request of the father on your behalf
16:27 .. for the father himself loves you .. because you have loved me and have believed that I came forth from the father

16:28 .. I came forth from the father and have come into the world .. I am leaving the world again and going to the father
16:29 .. his disciples said . . . lo .. now you are speaking plainly and are not using a figure of speech
16:30 .. now we know that you know all things .. and have no need for anyone to question you .. by this we believe that you bcame from God
16:31 .. Jesus answered them . . . do you now believe
16:32 .. behold .. an hour is coming .. and has already come .. for you to be scattered .. each to his own home .. and to leave me alone ..
......... and yet I am not alone .. because the father is with me
16:33 .. these things I have spoken to you .. so that in me you may have peace .. In the world you have tribulation .. but take courage . . .
......... I have overcome the world

The sending of the Holy Spirit was the fruit of Christ’s purchase on the cross and an answer to his intercession within the veil .. a proof of the acceptance of his finished work with the father .. he is the companion of the true believer in every place and at all times .. whereas Christ’s corporal presence could be in but one place at a time .. as to unbelievers .. the Holy Spirit proves sin upon them because of their rejection of Christ .. and warns of judgment .. to the believer .. he is the constant helper and the revealer of the things of Christ

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... John 16

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum