Description of your first forum.

Postby dadman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Image Image Image . Matthew . Mark . Luke . John Image ...... John 20

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

ImageImage Image Right click / Open in new tab

This Chapter's audio teaching on line

John . 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ..... the empty tomb

20:01 .. now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene came early to the tomb .. while it was still dark ..
......... and saw the stone already taken away from the tomb
20:02 .. so she ran and came to Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved .. and said to them . . .
......... they have taken away the Lord out of the tomb .. and we do not know where they have laid him
20:03 .. so Peter and the other disciple went forth .. and they were going to the tomb
20:04 .. the two were running together .. and the other disciple ran ahead faster than Peter and came to the tomb first
20:05 .. and stooping and looking in .. he saw the linen wrappings lying there .. but he did not go in
20:06 .. and so Simon Peter also came .. following him .. and entered the tomb .. and he saw the linen wrappings lying there
20:07 .. and the face-cloth which had been on his head .. not lying with the linen wrappings .. but rolled up in a place by itself
20:08 .. so the other disciple who had first come to the tomb then also entered .. and he saw and believed
20:09 .. for as yet they did not understand the Scripture .. that he must rise again from the dead
20:10 .. so the disciples went away again to their own homes
20:11 .. but Mary was standing outside the tomb weeping .. and so .. as she wept .. she stooped and looked into the tomb
20:12 .. and she saw two angels in white sitting .. one at the head and one at the feet .. where the body of Jesus had been lying
20:13 .. and they said to her .. woman .. why are you weeping .. she said to them . . . because they have taken away my Lord ..
......... and I do not know where they have laid him
20:14 .. when she had said this .. she turned around and saw Jesus standing there .. and did not know that it was Jesus
20:15 .. Jesus said to her . . . woman .. why are you weeping .. whom are you seeking .. supposing him to be the gardener .. she said to him . . .
......... sir .. if you have carried him away .. tell me where you have laid him .. and I will take him away
20:16 .. Jesus said to her . . . Mary .. she turned and said to him in Hebrew . . . Rabboni (which means .. teacher)
20:17 .. Jesus said to her . . . stop clinging to me .. for I have not yet ascended to the father .. but go to my brethren and say to them ..
......... I ascend to my father and your father .. and my God and your God
20:18 .. Mary Magdalene came .. announcing to the disciples . . . I have seen the Lord .. and that he had said these things to her

.................. Jesus among his disciples

20:19 .. so when it was evening on that day .. the first day of the week .. and when the doors were shut where the disciples were .. for fear of the Jews ..
......... Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them . . . peace be with you
20:20 .. and when he had said this .. he showed them both his hands and his side .. the disciples then rejoiced when they saw the Lord
20:21 .. so Jesus said to them again . . . peace be with you .. as the father has sent me .. I also send you
20:22 .. and when he had said this .. he breathed on them and said to them . . . receive the Holy Spirit
20:23 .. If you forgive the sins of any .. their sins have been forgiven them .. if you retain the sins of any .. they have been retained..Image
20:24 .. but Thomas .. one of the twelve .. called Didymus .. was not with them when Jesus came
20:25 .. so the other disciples were saying to him . . . we have seen the Lord .. but he said to them . . . unless I see in his hands the imprint of the nails ..
......... and put my finger into the place of the nails .. and put my hand into his side .. I will not believe
20:26 .. after eight days his disciples were again inside .. and Thomas with them .. Jesus came .. the doors having been shut ..
......... and stood in their midst and said . . . peace be with you
20:27 .. then he said to Thomas . . . reach here with your finger .. and see my hands .. and reach here your hand and put it into my side ..
......... and do not be unbelieving .. but believing
20:28 .. Thomas answered and said to him . . . my Lord and my God
20:29 .. Jesus said to him .. because you have seen me .. have you believed .. blessed are they who did not see .. and yet believed

.................. why this gospel was written

20:30 .. therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples .. which are not written in this book
20:31 .. but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ .. the Son of God ..
......... and that believing you may have life in his name

He who gave his life as a ransom resumed his life again by the mighty power of God .. proving the acceptability of his sacrifice as a satisfaction for sin .. with the father .. and offering to all who should trust in him .. the peace of God that passes all understanding . . . . v 31 .. this verse defines the purpose of God’s word .. the demonstrating of the deity of Jesus Christ and the efficacy of his salvation

Matthew . Mark . Luke . John ...... John 20

Acts . Romans . I Corinthians . II Corinthians . Galatians . Ephesians . Philippians . Colossians . I Thessalonians . II Thessalonians

I Timothy . II Timothy . Titus . Philemon . Hebrews . James . I Peter . II Peter . I John . II John . III John . Jude . Revelation

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

ImageImage

dadman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your first forum